Mulled wine is a cozy way to celebrate the holidays, all in warm giant mug. This festive wine has just the right balance of spice with a touch of sweetness.
The holiday season means spending time with family, friends and time to reflect on your own.
When hosting a holiday party or just having a quiet night in, delicious drinks are required. There something about festive drinks that make me want to the holidays to last longer than the month of December.
This Festive Red Mulled Wine recipe included with Cooking Gift Set Co. is delicious and gives the true taste of the holidays. This kit also has 4 amazing other mulled recipes so if you are not a fan of red wine, there is a drink for everyone.
Your house will fill with a sweet and spicy aroma along with warmth all throughout your body. This drink is great for holiday brunch or a cozy night in sitting by the fire.
The addition of cardamom really makes this drink pop with holiday cheer. I also added some dried orange slices to give it a hint of citrus.
Whether you are busy with holiday parties or planning to stay in this season, be sure to try this delicious Warm and Rich Festive Red Mulled Wine. It will guarantee to get you in the holiday spirit if you are not already!
Warm and Rich Festive Red Mulled Wine
- Sauce Pan
- Cooking Gift Set Co. Mulled Wine Brewing Kit
- 750 ml Red wine Merlot, Cabernet Sauignon or Zifandel
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 6 Allspice berries
- 10 Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 12 Cardamom pods
- 4 Anise stars
- Pour a full bottle of wine into a large saucepan and heat to low. Do not let the wine come to a boil.
- Use zester grater to grind spices or you can leave whole.
- Place spices in spice satchel and cinch the strings to close.
- Add Brandy and sugar and stir.
- Submerge your spice satchel in the wine and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and add and orange slice if you prefer. Enjoy!
- Optional: add 1 tsp of black peppercorns for more spice or 1 tbs of honey for more sweetness
I was provided with this product in return for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own and not influenced by the company in any way.