Simple DIY Hand Sanitizer That is Alcohol Free
Things may seem a little chaotic right now, and in times of stress I create. I have to keep my hands busy and my mind occupied so DIY has been my form of therapy for years.
This is a perfect time to share my easy DIY hand sanitizer. It’s alcohol free so if you do not have any it’s okay!
This recipe includes Witch Hazel. It can kill bacteria and some studies show the tannins from witch hazel can make plant-based antivirals, which could fight the flu.
Please note according to the CDC soap and water is more effective than hand sanitizers at removing germs from the skin. So please keep washing your hands!
Spray Hand Sanitizer Ingredients
- 1/2 tablespoon hemp oil, coconut oil or vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- Combine carrier oil, witch hazel, and essential oils in 1 oz. spray bottle.
- Spray on your hands.
Gel Hand Sanitizer Ingredients
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of witch hazel
- 4 drops tea tree essential oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- Combine aloe, witch hazel, and essential oils in a pump style bottle.
- Stir together.
- Pump into your hands.
Stay safe all and I will leave you with this…