Here’s a delicious Eggplant Parmigiana Soup recipe that I think you’ll love. It is perfect for a cold winter night instead of ordering takeout.
Eggplant parmigiana soup is the best idea you’ve ever thought of. At least, I never thought of it, but when I tried it for the first time, it was love at first taste.
- – 2 tablespoons olive oil
- – 1 large onion, chopped
- – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- – 2 large eggplants, peeled and cubed
- – 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- – 2 cups vegetable broth
- – 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- – 1 teaspoon dried oregano – 1 teaspoon dried basil
- – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- – 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper – 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella combined
- Toasted Italian bread cut into cubes
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- 2. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the eggplant, and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- 5. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and our under broiler until brown and bubbling.
- 7. Serve with toasted Italian bread cubes and enjoy!