Chickpea, kale and squash gnocchi is the perfect dish for the first day of fall. I found this dish from Eating Well and made my own adaptions to it.
- 1 package gnocchi
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs turmeric
- 1 tbs nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup balsamic fig glaze
- Sourdough bread
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring y til browned. Remove from pan.
- Add more oil if needed and add squash, onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in broth and all seasonings. Bring to a boil. Summer while stirring, until the squash is soft and cooked through. Add kale, chickpeas and the gnocchi and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Mix in balsamic glaze until all is well coated.
- Serve with slices of warm sourdough bread.