I had an unexpected day off from work yesterday, which didn’t necessarily mean I had the day off, but I had to compromise. Franco was not feeling well so I had to pick him up from school early, but he magically felt better as soon as we came home. Working from home was not going to be an option for me this time. We got a nice long walk in especially since the humidity broke and it was so nice to be outside. The cool breeze had me thinking Fall and with only two days away from September I can barely take it anymore-I need pumpkins!
I thought I could make it until September 1st, but no I had to do it. I had to bake the most ‘Fallest’ thing I could think of.
Yes I had all these ingredients laying around and yes my house smelled absolutely amazing. The sweet aromas just melted every away every stress I was feeling at the moment and I was finally able to let the breeze fly through the house with wide open windows. At this moment Fall was finally in the air at the Robins Nest!
Recipe type: Baking Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 55 mins Serves: 12
· 2 eggs
· 2 egg whites
· ¼ cup sugar
· ¾ cup canned pumpkin pie
· ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
· 1 zucchini, peeled and shredded
· 1.5 cup flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 2 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your eggs and egg whites, add in sugar and mix well.
3. Beat in pumpkin, apple sauce, shredded zucchini and vanilla.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
5. Scoop batter into baking pan.
6. Bake in oven for approx. 45 minutes, let cool and serve.
This recipe is easy and keeps your house smelling great for the rest of the day! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Pumpkin Apple Zucchini Bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cup canned pumpkin pie
- 1/3 cup cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 zucchini, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer beat together your eggs and egg whites, add in sugar and mix well.
- Beat in pumpkin, apple sauce, shredded zucchini and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Scoop batter into baking pan.
- Bake in oven for approx. 45 minutes, let cool and serve.