Pumpkin Banana Bread is the perfect fall treat with a special in the middle. When you find out it is filled with decadent and sweet cream cheese you will definitely go for seconds and thirds.
You can bake in a pan or in muffin tins, either way, works.
Cream cheese Filling
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbs flour
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ applesauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease a standard loaf pan.
- Mix together all ingredients for cream cheese filling. Put in a bowl and put to the side.
- In a mixer, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt, and sugar.
- Add pumpkin, apple sauce, bananas, milk, and eggs to the mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a loaf pan or muffin tins.
- Pour and spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the cream cheese mixture.
- Depending on your oven, bake for about 45 minutes. It may need to take longer so be sure to check.
- Let it cool and top with powdered sugar