Recipe is adapted from Happy Toddler Playtime
- 2 cups of white all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of salt
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1.5 cup of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Food coloring
- Stand mixer with dough hook or large bowl and spoon
- Pine Essential oil
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- In a separate container, combine the 1.5 cup of boiling water, food coloring and oil.
- Add 20 drops of essential oil into the boiling water mixture.
- Add the boiling water mixture to the flour mixture a small amount at a time and mix until you have reached the desired consistency. If you are using a stand mixer add the water as the mixer is turning.
- Knead until it is all smooth and starts to form a dough ball
- Store in bag or tight lid container once cooled.